Saturday, June 25, 2011

25 June 11

Nelson and I went shopping again today.  It was very interesting.  I have so much to learn about this guy!  First we went to Home Depot to buy paint.  We've been there before but I've never used a shopping cart when he was with me.  I expected him to be timid around the cart.  Wrong.  He was very brave and the cart didn't bother him at all.  He met several new people while there and he didn't spook at any of them.  Next up was a new stop at Honda and Yamaha of Greenville to introduce Nelson to one of my friends.  (Thanks for being a Pet Friendly business!)  Nelson did great!  He was relaxed and showed no sign of stress at all.  Our final stop was PetSense.  He has been there many times and has been making friends on each visit.  Today...he was timid...not a full out panic, but definitely not happy to be there.  One of my biggest challenges with Nelson is that he refuses to accept food rewards when we are "out and about" or even in the car.  I'm struggling to learn how to reach him with rewards in the strange situations.

This evening we went on our usual walk.  Ann and Lizzie, the Dachshund / Chihuahua mix, went with us.  It was a fun walk.  We were glad to have them with us.


Nelson in his natural habitat!

I love this face!

1 comment:

  1. Good experiences for you both. Sounds like WN is setting in well.

    I wonder what it was about PetSense that bothered him. Too many dog smells that day? Cats?

    ReplyDelete