Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 3

Nelson is doing so good!  He doesn't seem to feel bad at all.  The hard part is keeping him in slow motion.  Especially in the mornings.  He loves to kick up his heels when he wakes up.  These days he has to go slow on a leash.  He doesn't complain but you can tell that he is wondering why he is being restricted.

We went out to water the yard this evening and he BEGGED me to go for our long walk.  I told him that we woudl go tomorrow.  (His memory isn't good, so I can tell him the same story again tomorrow.)  :)

We are working on some basic commands (requests) that don't require much effort every evening in the cool of the house.  He has "sit" perfected.  Tomorrow we will start on "down".  That shouldn't take very long.  I'm also going to start working on "bow" as it is a natural thing that he does.  I want to put it on cue so that he will do it when I ask it from him.

Fun times with a fun guy.  He's so sweet.   I want each of you who read this to have the opportunity to meet him.  You will love him as much as I do.  :)

2 comments:

  1. You are turning a negative into a positive. He is going to be the best trained dog there ever was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you both are doing very well! He is a very sweet, lovable fella!

    ReplyDelete